- All entries must come in under five (5) minutes (this DOES include bumper and titles). There is absolutely no exception to this rule. Even an entry with a 5:01 timecode will be disqualified.
- Entries must revolve around the theme. This year’s theme is Against All Odds.
- Weapons are limited to those seen in the Star Wars canon — Single bladed, double-bladed, dual-wielding, cross-guards, dark sabers, Inquisitor rotating-sabers, heck, even a Z6 baton! Blasters are also acceptable, as long as melee choreography is featured.
- The LCC 2017 bumper must be attached to the beginning of all entries — You can download it on the resources page when it is available.
- Your entry may come from a larger, pre-existing project, but said project must be unreleased before the deadline.
- There is no limit on how many entries you can enter as long as they are submitted individually. This makes it easier for us to organize.
- Deadline for all entires is Tuesday, October 31st, 2017 at 11:59 PM (23:59) PST. However, we will accept entries starting Sunday, October 1st, 2016 at 12:00 AM (0:00) PST.
Judging will be based on five categories: Theme, Camera, Editing, Performance and, of course, Choreography.
Each year, all entries revolve around a theme. This year’s theme is “Against All Odds.” Your hero is up against impossible circumstances. Perhaps they are injured or are outnumbered? Maybe your Sith Apprentice has to take down his master before he’s ready. It’s up to you! The more creative the better! But never tell Han Solo the odds!
This is based on your show selection and shot movements. Is your camera another participant in your duel? Is it involved with the fight?
This is based on how you cut the action together. Are you choosing long shots for more tension or fast cuts for more kinetic energy?
This is based on how your actors perform their fight. Do they seem tentative or confident in their move set?
This is a based on the creativity on the move set itself. Is the choreography interesting or is it just gratuitous stick-bashing?
- Keep YouTube’s content guidelines in mind when it comes to music. Copyrighted stuff will likely get muted or ads placed upon it. It also runs the risk of being blocked in some countries.
- Be safe!
- Have fun!
Competition deadline is Tuesday, October 31st, 2016 at 11:59 PM (23:59) PST (2:59 AM, Tuesday EST). The submission form will be activated on Sunday, October 1st, 2016 at 12:00 AM (0:00) PST (3:00 AM, Sunday EST).
Good luck this year, and may The Force be with you.